[horde] magic_quotes

Barry Flanagan barryf-imp at digiserve.ie
Thu Nov 15 04:02:07 PST 2001

> Quoting Simon Hildrew <simon at ury.york.ac.uk>:
> > We are currently using horde and imp to serve webmail on our server,
> > although we are using it with magic_quotes_gpc = on due to the fact that
> > all the other databases that use the same install of PHP etc need this to
> > operate.  Why is it so critical that this is set to off?  Surely you can
> > just add a bit of code to ensure that the input is correct anyway?  Such
> > as this (from the PHP website):
>
> If it's so trivial, submit the patches. But you should know that IMP 2.2.x
> and Horde 1.2.x aren't maintained except for security releases anymore, and
> that things work regardless of this setting in Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0.
>
> -chuck

Or simply place the following code in your httpd.conf (or similar if not
using Apache):

<Directory /web/apache/httpd/html/horde>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        php3_include_path '/web/apache/httpd/phplib:.'
        php3_auto_prepend_file /web/apache/httpd/phplib/prepend.php3
        php3_magic_quotes_gpc Off
        php3_track_vars On
    </IfModule>
</Directory>