[horde] problems with install

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Fri Nov 16 09:54:34 PST 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Michael Geier, CDM Systems Admin <mgeier at cdmsports.com...:

> OS   : RedHat 7.1
> PHP  : 4.06
> PEAR : 4.07RC3 (from horde site)
> HORDE: 2.0RC1
> IMP  : 3.0RC1

Pretty close to this combination running here (but RH7.2) and it's
working.  I don't have the database part up yet on this machine.

> 	- test.php shows everything working (except the yellow PEAR message)

And if you reload the page, does the counter increment?  That tests PHP
session handling.

> every time I attempt login, it just refreshes the screen, and does not
> initiate the session.

Hm.  Does it give an error message saying that you couldn't be logged in,
or does it just refresh the exact same page with no error message?  I
assume you copied the .php.dist configuration files for horde/config and
horde/imp/config over to .php and customized them... how did you set up
the authentication?

> No errors are showing up in the logfile (/tmp/horde.log).

Another trick is to enable PHP logging in /etc/php.ini; sometimes that
will make things visible too.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde