[horde] Re: [kronolith] Missing menuitem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 11 09:20:40 PST 2001

> > But this requires to reload the whole frameset if you submit the login
>
> > form. This wouldn't be so bad, because that would also enable the
> > Administration icon if you are a logged in admin.
> > It could also make the renaming of the frameset page title
> > javascript/browser independent.
>
> Urgh? Do you mean to reload the frameset with every single link click?
> No. No
> no no.

No, only if a reload of the frameset is necessary, that is on login, logout
and switching the application.

> It wouldn't be so bad to have the login screen _not_ use the frameset,
> though,
> and to only load the frameset once a user is logged in.

And how do you want to support apps allowed for guests if you don't display
the horde menu?

> > One solution may be to make it configurable. If the admin configures
> Horde
> > to use framesets the menu links, app links in the app menus and login
> forms
> > are targeted to _top. If he disables the framesets only the horde menu
>
> > icons are targeted to _top, all other stay as they are now.
>
> I really, really want to avoid configuration bloat. Simple is good.

But if we reload the frameset on certain cases, we need this configuration
because some people integrate horde/imp in their own framework.

Jan.

AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge
Detmolder Str. 25-33 :: D-33604 Bielefeld
fon +49.521.96878-0 :: fax  +49.521.96878-20
http://www.ammma.de