problem with authentication on horde 2.0

Zachary Denison zacharydenison at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 07:51:24 PST 2002

Hi,

I just installed horde on a linux 7.1 system, apache
1.3.22. and Php 4.1.1.

I was very very carefull to install all of the php
extensions that horde wanted.   I have modified the
config/*-dist (AND renamed them to not have dist in
their name)...

The problem I am having is that no matter which
authentication scheme I pick (sql, ldap, or imap) -- I
cannot login...

lets just use sql as an example:  in my
config/horde.php file I have the following
configuration:

$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
 $conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
 $conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] =
'10.10.149.198';
 $conf['auth']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
 $conf['auth']['params']['password'] = 'horde';
 $conf['auth']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
 $conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

(yes I will change the password later after I get it
to work!)

I also have the horde_users database setup.  I am not
allowed to login.. Does the password need to be
encrypted in the database?  I can't even add users
because the admin page to add users is forbidden... Is
there a way to bypass and turn off ALL SECURITY so I
can just add a user and login?

Thank you -- any help would be appreciated.
ZAchary.