[horde] rpm install question db2_dba

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Jan 23 09:41:04 PST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Tim Olson <tolson at invisibleinc.com> wrote:

> I was able to find a command to rebuild and remake the RPMS. Everything
> fired up right away then and I was able to get to the login screen in
> IMP.

Cool.  What was the command you used?

> Now I just have one more hurlde that popped up:
>
> 5.1.7 "undefined function: imap_utf7_encode()"
>
> >From the FAQ's, I'm guessing that php doesn't have imap
> support compiled in.  Strange, since I'd figure the RPMS's from
> horde.org would be all set,

The Horde-custom PHP3 RPMs do, in fact, have IMAP configured... but you
have to install the "php-imap" RPM as well as the "php" RPM (just in case
you haven't).  The "http://www.example.com/horde/test.php3" script is a
good way to test what's there/what isn't; use the phpinfo() link to see if
IMAP support shows up.

> but then again, I'm using the redhat IMAP.

So do we.

> Actually, I would prefer not to use IMAP at all, but to use POP. I'm
> going to see if I can use POP only and skip the IMAP.  I know it's a
> quick config in a file, but I thought I had already done that.

Even if you want to use the POP3 protocol, you still have to have PHP
configured --with-imap, because that gives you the c-client library (which
is used for both POP3 and IMAP).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde