Dumb questions from a new database user

Anthony Ryan Mattke tony at iphere.com
Tue Jan 29 01:31:33 PST 2002

<Unnecessary Explanation>
	I got locked out of my shell account from work. I want to be
able to check my email from anywhere like I could using my shell and
pine. This is why I am setting up horde and imp. I have never used a SQL
database before, but I am a programmer.
</Unnecessary Explanation>

Anyway... I'm having a bit of trouble with horde 2.0, I'm using
Slackware, php4.1.1, MySQL 3.23.47 and apache 1.3.6.
I'm finding the lack of Documentation a bit distressing and I've come
here for a little bit of help. From all that I can tell the SQL server
is working properly. I was able to add the tables from the scripts/db
directory (why the mysql_create had the info I was told to add from
auth.sql and prefs.sql I don't know), but They went in ok.

The major problem I'm currently having is user administration. I have
enabled sql auth, which my correct password for the horde mysql user,
and I have looked thoroughly through the config files and the source of
some of the php files trying to figure out an explanation.

My Question is mainly how do I add a user for horde so I can log in
through the main page. And, How can I tell if Horde is setup up to use
MySQL properly ?

I'm working on adding IMP and I realize that it dosent matter one bit if
I have users for horde, but I would like to figure this out so I can
possibly peruse the software.

Any Information is welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and help out a fellow user.

Tony