[horde] Dumb questions from a new database user

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 29 02:38:00 PST 2002

Zitat von Anthony Ryan Mattke <tony at iphere.com>:

> <Unnecessary Explanation>
> 	I got locked out of my shell account from work. I want to be
> able to check my email from anywhere like I could using my shell and
> pine. This is why I am setting up horde and imp. I have never used a
> SQL
> database before, but I am a programmer.
> </Unnecessary Explanation>
>
> Anyway... I'm having a bit of trouble with horde 2.0, I'm using
> Slackware, php4.1.1, MySQL 3.23.47 and apache 1.3.6.
> I'm finding the lack of Documentation a bit distressing and I've come
> here for a little bit of help. From all that I can tell the SQL server
> is working properly. I was able to add the tables from the scripts/db
> directory (why the mysql_create had the info I was told to add from
> auth.sql and prefs.sql I don't know), but They went in ok.
>
> The major problem I'm currently having is user administration. I have
> enabled sql auth, which my correct password for the horde mysql user,
> and I have looked thoroughly through the config files and the source of
> some of the php files trying to figure out an explanation.
>
> My Question is mainly how do I add a user for horde so I can log in
> through the main page. And, How can I tell if Horde is setup up to use
> MySQL properly ?
>
> I'm working on adding IMP and I realize that it dosent matter one bit
> if
> I have users for horde, but I would like to figure this out so I can
> possibly peruse the software.
>
> Any Information is welcome.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read this, and help out a fellow user.

Read the sample for the sql preferences driver in horde.php. You have to
specify almost the same array for the authentication driver. Of course
you'll have to change 'prefs' to 'auth' and the table name to the one that
the sql scripts generated ('horde_users' I think).

You have to enter at least one user to the table by hand. The password must
be md5()'ied. If you put this user to the admins array in horde.php you can
now login with this user and create new users with the administration
interface.

Jan.

--
AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge