[horde] imp/SMTP wrong FROM address when using remote mail

Justin Zachor justinz at covad.net
Tue Feb 5 05:54:11 PST 2002

Me again,

I was surprised to not get any response to this message. Has nobody run
into the same? Surely it's something I did to one of the cofig files,
but I just can't seem to get passed it. OTOH, maybe it's not me? Maybe it's
a side effect of the SMTP/IMAP server I'm using. Anybody out there
running Mercury32 and the horde/IMP web server on the same host?

How does the IMP demo site address this?

May I also point out that fooling with the 'maildomain' setting on the
local server description (server.php) changes the smtp behavior of
IMP on user-entered mail-server logins. That should not be, right?
Why should changing the maildomain of Local.net affect the FROM addr
when logged into a remote mail server?  Perhaps this is the root of
the problem.

E.g., when I change the definition of my local domain in
	'maildomain' => ''

I then get a different FROM address for the remote user:
	T 20020204 165245 3c5e4488 MAIL FROM:<@>

Yes! Now it's just '@'

--justin