[horde] Potential new plugin for horde...

Ronnie Garcia r.garcia at netia.net
Wed Feb 20 05:46:44 PST 2002

At 12:21 20/02/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Zitat von Chris Bowlby <excalibur at hub.org>:
>

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> >  I work with Marc Fournier for a company called Hub.Org Networking
> > Services, we use the Horde interfaces extensivly on our site(s) and have
> > been quite happy with it. Last year, we were required to build/track
> > down
> > a email account management system that worked well with IMAP based
> > connections, in our case Cyrus-imapd. We did not find something suitable
> > and as a result I put together a basic package that did what we needed
> > it
> > to...
> >
>[...]
>Sound very interesting. I personally would like to see such an app in the
>Horde framework. What do others think?
>
>After a quick look at the code I think there's a lot to do to make this
>code Horde compliant but if you want to put your effort to it you will
>surely get help from us as far as we have the time.

Hey everyone,
  We (4 developpers/sysadmins based in france) are actually working on such
a product too.

  However our idea went a bit farther than an email account manager, since
we are planning to build a real centralized multi-services users manager.
  The tool is intended to be able to manage, say, samba users, courier-imap
users, proftpd users, ssh users, etc etc, on different servers, from
different databases. Any service can be added in the future thanks to the
abstract/modularized architecture.

  We carefully learnt Horde's "way of doing things" and really appreciate
it, thats why we chose Horde as the framework. We are also actively
following, daily, the changes in the HEAD branches of Horde and Turba.

  Here are some features :
    - abstract backend support (just like turba and others),
    - modularized services, to be able to write and add your own service
handler

  The actual stage of the product is : uml modeling

  We are, of course, open to any suggestion and/or participation to achieve
this work.
  You can reach me by email or find me on irc.openprojects.net/#horde for
further information.

Rgds,
Ronnie.