[horde] Potential new plugin for horde...

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 20 03:21:47 PST 2002

Zitat von Chris Bowlby <excalibur at hub.org>:

> Hi Folks,
>
>  I work with Marc Fournier for a company called Hub.Org Networking
> Services, we use the Horde interfaces extensivly on our site(s) and have
> been quite happy with it. Last year, we were required to build/track
> down
> a email account management system that worked well with IMAP based
> connections, in our case Cyrus-imapd. We did not find something suitable
> and as a result I put together a basic package that did what we needed
> it
> to...
>
>  As time went on I felt that it needed to do more and, with Marc's
> permission, we moved the project to Open Source development. I have been
> working on the scripts for about a year now and the project site is at
> http://mailadmin.sourceforge.net - it will get you there :>). But I'd
> like
> to be able to offer this system to the Horde community as an admin
> system
> for accounts... and plug it into the interface similar to turba and
> such...
>
>  If I convert the mailadmin scripts to work within the Horde Framework,
> would you be willing to allow me to offer it as an additional plugin for
> the Horde packages? I'm gearing up to do some more work and add several
> features that have been requested, and I felt at the same time that I
> might be able to port it into a Horde based plugin as well...

Sound very interesting. I personally would like to see such an app in the
Horde framework. What do others think?

After a quick look at the code I think there's a lot to do to make this
code Horde compliant but if you want to put your effort to it you will
surely get help from us as far as we have the time.

Jan.