[horde] cvs - can't seem to get latest versions

Justin Zachor justinz at covad.net
Tue Feb 26 05:49:20 PST 2002

Chuck,

Understood. I've posted to the list carefully, and only after good efforts to
find answers myself (99% of my questions I found in the MARC archives, yet the
majority questions I've posted to the list remain unanswered (i.e. Does the US
server require an account/password or not? Why do the prescribed CVS commands on
the US server result in:
	$ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.horde.org:/cvs co horde
	Permission denied, please try again.
	anoncvs at anoncvs.horde.org's password: foo
	Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
	cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)).

Jon's says to use this command, but this doesn't work either:
	$ cvs -d :pserver:horde at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository co horde
	no such user horde in CVSROOT/passwd
	cvs checkout: authorization failed: server anoncvs.horde.org
	  rejected access to /repository for user horde
	cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Since the UK server is *way* behind, and since the US server does not respond to
a given command in the same way as the UK server (it keeps asking for a password
that I don't have), I posted to the list. Despite Jon's advice, I'm still unable
to get any tree from the US server (I'm using Concurrent Versions System (CVS)
1.11 from CygWin)

Justin