[horde] Potential new plugin for horde...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Feb 26 12:02:56 PST 2002

Quoting Chris Bowlby <excalibur at hub.org>:

>  I've downloaded the frame work and have started to work on some of the
> basic details that I need in place before I'll be able to concentrate once
> again on the functionality of her. The tricky part will be getting the
> framework based calls in place (starting from scratch on this one) and
> once that is done I can wrap them arround with wrapper calls that will
> determine if horde is there or not.

People have proposed such wrappers before; my general view on them is that if
you really want to do the work, it's all you, but it seems to throw away most
of the benefit of using a framework in the first place - and you get bugs which
are hard to track down because it depends if someone is using Horde or isn't,
etc...

>  I've also got a lot of experience working with duality issues and I've
> already laid out most of what I need in my mind as to getting it to work
> in either case...

All you, then. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity