possible pear problem

dhaval patel dhaval at patel.sh
Tue Feb 26 17:25:32 PST 2002

Hello, I am having problems installing the latest Horde and IMP on my server.
I know you have been asked this question before. A search on google and
marc.theaimsgroup.com lead me to things but no solutions.

my server software specs are

apache 1.3.20
PHP 4.1.1
sendmail
uwimap

my php is configured with
'./configure' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-xml'
'--with-apxs=/var/lib/apache/bin/apxs' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-imap'
'--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext'

here is the pear part of the horde/test.php viewed in a browser
PEAR

    * PEAR - Yes
    * Recent PEAR - Yes
    * Mail::RFC822 - Yes
    * Log - Yes
    * DB - Yes
    * Unknown error: Constant pear_os already defined

When I try to login to IMP I get
object(pear_error)(7) {
  ["error_message_prefix"]=>
string(0) ""
  ["mode"]=>
int(1)
  ["level"]=>
int(1024)
  ["code"]=>
NULL
  ["message"]=>
string(92) "An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error
attempting to log this error."
  ["userinfo"]=>
NULL
  ["callback"]=>
NULL
}
[/var/lib/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde.php : 158]

Can anyone provide any clues on how to go about fixing this? I am clueless
about PEAR. If any more information is required, just let me know.

Thanks for your help.