Fwd: Re: [horde] [hop40@hotmail.com: How can I use Mysql as the authentication driver?]

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 27 03:18:55 PST 2002

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Rashane Sala-Ngarm <hop40 at hotmail.com> -
----
    Datum: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:45:38
    Von: Rashane Sala-Ngarm <hop40 at hotmail.com>
Antwort an: Rashane Sala-Ngarm <hop40 at hotmail.com>
 Betreff: Re: [horde] [hop40 at hotmail.com: How can I use Mysql as the
authentication driver?]
      An: jan at horde.org

Thank you very much Jan for the reply.

I have already added users to the table but due to my limited knowledge, I
don't know what an md5'ed is.

Please advise. After I have added the users and passwords into the
horde_users table, should I leave the two lines in registry.php commented
i.e. :

                  //$->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
                  //$->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

Please tell me if I am correct. If those two lines are left commented and
the documentroot in httpd.conf is pointed to .../html/horde/imp , the login
page which will show up on the browser is that of horde. After the user has
filled in the username and password, horde will use MySQL as the
authentication driver (if set properly). After being authorized the user
will see the login page of imp and hence has to provide another username
and
password.

>From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>To: horde at lists.horde.org
>CC: Rashane Sala-Ngarm <hop40 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [horde] [hop40 at hotmail.com: How can I use Mysql as the
>authentication driver?]
>Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:46:53 +0100
>
> > Hi Chuck. I have installed MySQL, horde, and, IMP. I am now trying to
>use
> > MySQL as the authentication driver. I have put the following code in
> > horde.php:
> >
> > Are there anything else that I should do?
> > Thank you very much.
>
>Yes, you have to fill that table with users. Passwords have to be md5'ed.
>
>Jan.
>
>--
>http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
>http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge