Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Active Directory ... it is working !

Frédéric THIEL fthiel at lynx-technologies.com
Fri Mar 8 06:26:59 PST 2002

Hello everybody,

Even if my solution is not a "cute" solution, it is working well ! On a
Mandrake 8.1 (2.4.12) I have an Apache 1.3.23 with PHP 4.1.1, mod_SSL 2.8.7,
OpenSSL 0.9.6c, OpenLDAP 2.0.23, IMAP-2000c, MySQL 3.23.49a running Horde
2.0 with IMP 3.0 and Turba 1.0.

Users can connect through HTTPS to the Webmail server, then after beeing
authenticated, have access to their mail and their contacts, extracted from
an Exchange Server 2000 on an Active Directory domain.

I would like to thank people that gave me ideas, especially when I was
depressed with Active Directory :-)

And to finish, thank you, the dev team, you did really a good job !

Fred