[horde] mysql connection

Irelann Kerry Anderson kerry at maine.edu
Thu Mar 14 11:59:26 PST 2002

I ran into this same problem, after applying the recent php rpms from
Red Hat, you have to put the location of the mysql socket into the
/etc/php.ini file.  Having it in /etc/my.cnf file is not sufficent.
 Look in your /etc/php.ini file for a line that looks like:

mysql.default_socket    =              ; default socket name for local
MySQL connects.

and put the path to your mysql.sock after the =.  In my case:

mysql.default_socket    = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock             ;

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)581-3508
Systems Group                   internet  Kerry at Maine.edu