login problems HORDE md5

Richard Hanrick richard at hanrick.com
Mon Mar 25 21:30:49 PST 2002

I have just installed horde 2.0 and while using sql as the authorisation
mechanism I could not login.  I have the mysql server on a different
machine.  Playing with the permissions eventually allowed a connect but
still could not authorise.  It really appeared that the authorisation was
simply failing.

I eventually went through the /scripts/Auth/sql.php script and discovered,
around line 154, that sql was sending the password using md5 encryption and
my mysql was not setup to handle md5 encryption.  Modifying the line,
removing the "md5()" solved the problem - only 3 hours mucking around!!

The md5 encryption should be mentioned in the documentation.  I did a search
of the mailing lists and didn't come up with anything either.

Ah - now onto the imp imap authorisation

Richard