[horde] Enabling use of short tags in PHP code breaks XML.

Brian Winkers brianw at gdinet.com
Tue Apr 23 11:14:13 PDT 2002

I'm questioning the use of short tags (<? ?>) in Horde.

Having short tags enabled breaks things using XML and XHTML.
PHP attempts to interpret the <?xml ?> tags.

Does anyone know of an easy work around?
Yes, I know I can just replace all the "<?=" with "<?php" but that isn't a
great solution.

I know I can just make the changes myself, but I wanted to suggest the
authors reassess the tradeoffs in coding clarity vs. portability and ease of
coexistence.

Overall I have to say Horde and IMP are really well done.

I'll be looking forward to the time when I can contribute something a little
more useful than just suggestions and questions. ;-)

Brian E. Winkers,    Software Development Manager
Global Dialog Internet
2810 Crossroads Drive, Suite LL2; Madison, WI 53718
Phone: (608) 240-4638,     Toll Free: (800) 482-4638
Fax: (608) 240-4637,    Email: brianw at gdinet.com