[horde] Enabling use of short tags in PHP code breaks XML.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 23 13:07:43 PDT 2002

Quoting Brian Winkers <brianw at gdinet.com>:

> Having short tags enabled breaks things using XML and XHTML.
> PHP attempts to interpret the <?xml ?> tags.

The level of breakage is incredibly arguable (see the php-dev archives),
but in principle I agree with you. It's also a configuration option we
depend on, which we try to avoid.

Anyone have any objections to going back to <?php echo instead of <?= in
the HEAD branches?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity