[horde] Re: Comments and thoughts on Horde Framework

James james at james-web.net
Wed Apr 24 18:53:28 PDT 2002

> (pseudo code.. don't be too critical of the syntax)
>
> app_var = true;
> app_var2=false;
> app_varn=true/false;
>
> if (app_var)
>   all definition and settings for app_var
>
> if (app_var2)
>   all definition and settings for app_var2

> if (app_varn)
>   all definition and settings for app_varn
>
> This way all a user would have to do to get any given module
configured in
> horde is to set a variable
> to true or false.

Isn't that just a bit rigid?  I know with Horde/IMP/Turba/Kronolith on
my setup, I do a bit of modifications on the fly, as needed, all the
time.

Making things inside of those presets could cause some difficulty to
some administrators.

However, I do see what you mean for ease of setup.  Actually I think an
optional semi-GUI setup might be best, ie: "Type in the name of your
IMAP server:", "Type in the name of your SQL server:", etc etc, rather
than doodling around in config files.  I consider that a B or C Wishlist
item, however, compared to other things.

- James