[horde] Re: Comments and thoughts on Horde Framework

Francisco Reyes francisco at natserv.net
Wed Apr 24 20:33:19 PDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:53:28 -0400, James wrote:

>> (pseudo code.. don't be too critical of the syntax)
>> app_var = true;
>> app_var2=false;
>> app_varn=true/false;
>>
>> if (app_var)
>>   all definition and settings for app_var
>>
>>This way all a user would have to do to get any given module
>>configured in horde is to set a variable
>> to true or false.

>Isn't that just a bit rigid?  I know with Horde/IMP/Turba/Kronolith on
>my setup, I do a bit of modifications on the fly, as needed, all the
>time.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.
I was referring only to the horde/config/registry.php
That file has several sections, 3 I believe, which need to be enabled in order for an application to
work. What I was suggesting was to have all the settings for each app in registry.php in one block of
code, per application, and have the block guarded by an if statement. This way new users, me included,
would find it easy to configure horde for new apps. This doesn't change the apps setup at all. It also
doesn't prevent the user from doing any changes they please.

This suggestion will not take away anything that currently exists. All it is, is a change of
organization within registry.php.

>Making things inside of those presets could cause some difficulty to
>some administrators.

Does this new explanation helps?