[horde] Re: Comments and thoughts on Horde Framework

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 24 22:26:46 PDT 2002

Quoting Francisco Reyes <francisco at natserv.net>:

> isn't that good enough a reason to seek to improve installation?

Yes. I'm trying to address your questions/problems and arrive at solutions
that will actually be beneficial to the project and its users without
sacrificing design and the features we have. I'm not claiming that the
current state of things is perfect, or, in the case of installation, even
terribly good.

> I won't speak for others.. but right now I find installation very
> confusing. I am yet to be able to get Nag working. :-(

Again, we will do our best to help you with specific questions. We can't
diagnose your system for you without error messages, information, etc.

> Perhaps some of the suggestions are totally crazy.. or undoable.. but
> the most important thing may be to listen to what we are trying to
> achieve. New users tend to be an excellent source of good feedback.
> Many times those who have been using something don't see problems
> because in their minds "it isn't a problem".. it is just the way
> this "xyz" gadget/program/language/framework works.

I am listening. I'm trying to engage you and figure out specific
solutions/improvements.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity