[horde] Re: Comments and thoughts on Horde Framework

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 24 22:28:09 PDT 2002

Quoting James <james at james-web.net>:

> However, I do see what you mean for ease of setup.  Actually I think an
> optional semi-GUI setup might be best, ie: "Type in the name of your
> IMAP server:", "Type in the name of your SQL server:", etc etc, rather
> than doodling around in config files.  I consider that a B or C
> Wishlist item, however, compared to other things.

It's something that we've said, "yes, if you do it well and flexibly so
it'll work for all apps and be extensible, that'd be great!" to anyone
who's brought it up. I'd certainly support and help someone writing it.
Will I write it myself? If someone decides they want it enough to sponsor
the time, sure. Otherwise, there are a lot of other things higher up on my
priority list. That doesn't mean I'm saying it shouldn't be done.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity