[horde] Re: Comments and thoughts on Horde Framework

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 24 22:29:39 PDT 2002

Quoting Francisco Reyes <francisco at natserv.net>:

> Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.
> I was referring only to the horde/config/registry.php
> That file has several sections, 3 I believe, which need to be enabled in
> order for an application to work. What I was suggesting was to have all
> the settings for each app in registry.php in one block of code, per
> application, and have the block guarded by an if statement. This way new
> users, me included, would find it easy to configure horde for new apps.
> This doesn't change the apps setup at all. It also doesn't prevent the
> user from doing any changes they please.

Someone recently suggested adding an 'active' parameter to each
application stanza in registry.php, and just using that to determine if
the app is installed. Would that meet the objective you describe above?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity