[horde] Initial DN to bind with for LDAP preferences

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar at developer.ch
Sun Apr 28 21:50:31 PDT 2002

Hi Jethro,
Did you get any replies to your mail?
If yes, can you forward them to the list, as the list managers have
decided not to have a reply-to header after reading some rant "reply-to
munging considered harmful" written by some bozo. (sorry I am pissed-off
about this issue)

So about the DN stuff, you are right, this behaviour is not correct nor
standard.

Should be reverted back to how it was. I havent seen any ldap client
trying to generate a DN rather than looking up for one. Err wait. I know
  a program who use to behave like this (MS Exchange server). Did
someone in the dev group had a peek at their code :=)??

Also see this issue.
uid=aghaffar
ldap_base_dn=o=ispman

uid=aghaffar, o=ispman is not a DN in my directory.

the DN for uid=aghaffar is
uid=aghaffar, domain=developer.ch, o=ispman

I havent verified it, and I hope you are wrong, but considering....

best regards

--
Atif Ghaffar