[horde] Re: Problems at Login

Paul Cooper pgc at ucecom.com
Fri May 24 07:58:10 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 11:19, antonio d'acierno wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> I fixed the  problem with PEAR. The problem was the include_path
>
> Now my problem is that, when a try to connect to IMP, I have an invalid
> username/passwd login
>
> I fear that the problem is that I use IMAP as auth-driver .
> I do not have any experience with IMAP and, to be precise, I cannot login
> in the IMAP server even using "telnet myhost imap" (the server iup, running
> and ready)

Can you connect to the IMAP server using some other client, e.g.
evolution or outlook. Do you get any error messages what are you horde
config settings?

> Since I want use IMP with pop3, it is possible to use another
> authentication and where
> it is possible to find documentation?

You can use sql, ldap, ftp to authenticate - have a look at the admin
faq on www.horde.org

Paul

> Alternatively, where could be the problem with my IMAP server?
>
> TIA

Paul Cooper                             |  Tel: 0121 331 7858
Senior Programmer and Database Engineer |  Fax: 0121 331 7859
UCEcom                                  |  mailto:pgc at ucecom.com
University of Central England           |  http://www.ucecom.com
Birmingham, B4 7DX                      |