[horde] Re: Horde/Imp LDAP-Prefs Code

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Thu Jun 6 08:59:22 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:14:32AM +0200, Timo Boettcher wrote:

>  I have some questions to you about the code in
>  Horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php which is citing you as author.
>
>  - As I read the code, all users have to be on one level (which is
>    selected by $basedn) of the ldap-tree. Since ldap is supposed to be
>    a tree, why this limitation?

The code isn't finished yet.  I know that's a limitation, but I lack
the resources to fix it this summer.

>  - The users have to be in $uid=$user. $user is (according to my
>    ldap-logs) loginname at serverdomain. In my ldap-structure they are as
>    cn=FirstnameLastname, not cn=FirstnameLastname at domain. Is there
>    a possibility to configure this? How is $User set?

$user is set according to your setup.  You may want to change $uid to
refer to 'mail=' instead of 'cn=' if that's how your setup works.

>  - Are there any changes planned for this code till release of the
>    .1-finals?

Probably not.

--
Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)