[horde] RPM feedback ... Problem on Red Hat 7.2

Hermit klowther at cisnet.com
Tue Jun 11 08:41:13 PDT 2002

"Brent J. Nordquist" wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Hermit <klowther at cisnet.com> wrote:
>
> > > I downloaded the two RPMs "horde-2.0-1.src.rpm" and "imp-3.0-1.src.rpm"
> > > and then attempted to install them.
> > >
> > > In both cases, "rpm -qpl" shows that each "xx.rpm" file contains exactly
> > > three components; 1 "xx.tar.gz" file, 1 "xx.conf" file and 1 "xx.spec"
> > > file.
> >
> > Welcome to RMP hell. ;-)  This stuff is much too common with RPM.
>
> Hermit, you know not of what you speak.  The typo just adds to the irony.

I have installed RPM's and had the system tell me that weren't
installed.  (I believe the intial complaint)  So I reninstall and it
tells me that it can't because they are already installed.  This has
happend on more than one occasion.  So I DO know of what I speak.  Ever
try to take off a small utility and have it decide to uninstall Gnome
because of 'dependency' issues? I have.  They are great when they work,
but when they don't .....

--
Ken Lowther
Youngstown, Ohio