[horde] PHP claims MySQL isn't supported

Thant Tessman thant at acm.org
Tue Jun 11 21:33:04 PDT 2002

I'm attempting to get IMP working. I'm close, but after logging in, it
reports that the DB mysql extension isn't found. (The full text of the
error message is appended below.)

Horde's test.php reports in the PHP Module Capabilities that MySQL isn't
supported. But I have it installed and running, and I've gone through
the setup instructions in horde/scripts/db/README without trouble. I've
restarted everything more than once. The phpinfo screen reports that the
configure script was called with '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'.

Why does PHP not know about MySQL? (I'm assuming that's the problem.)

-thant

RedHat 7.3
Horde 2.0
IMP 3.0
rpm mysql-3.23.49-3
rpm mysql-server-3.23.49-3

object(db_error)(7) {
  ["error_message_prefix"]=>
  string(0) ""
  ["mode"]=>
  int(1)
  ["level"]=>
  int(1024)
  ["code"]=>
  int(-25)
  ["message"]=>
  string(29) "DB Error: extension not found"
  ["userinfo"]=>
  array(6) {
    ["phptype"]=>
    string(5) "mysql"
    ["hostspec"]=>
    string(9) "localhost"
    ["username"]=>
    string(5) "horde"
    ["password"]=>
    string(8) "mypassword"
    ["database"]=>
    string(5) "horde"
    ["table"]=>
    string(11) "horde_prefs"
  }
  ["callback"]=>
  NULL
}
[/var/www/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php : 102]