[horde] PHP claims MySQL isn't supported

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi at edu.vantaa.fi
Wed Jun 12 00:07:46 PDT 2002

Lainaus Thant Tessman <thant at acm.org>:

> Horde's test.php reports in the PHP Module Capabilities that MySQL
> isn't
> supported. But I have it installed and running, and I've gone through
>
> the setup instructions in horde/scripts/db/README without trouble.
> I've
> restarted everything more than once. The phpinfo screen reports that
> the
> configure script was called with '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'.
>
> Why does PHP not know about MySQL? (I'm assuming that's the problem.)

If you're installing PHP from RPMs, you should first check that you've
php-mysql RPM (comes with RedHat distribution) installed.

Then check that you're loading the MySQL module with PHP: you should
have a line called "extension=mysql.so" somewhere in your php.ini
configuration file (/etc/php.ini if you used RPMs).

phpinfo() screen should also show MySQL module information. In here it
says "MySQL Support enabled" and some configuration values specific to
this module.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi