[horde] Fwd: I need your help

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Jun 19 12:02:02 PDT 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from faruk at actionaid-bd.org -----
>     Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:04:41 +0600
>     From: Faruk Ahmed <faruk at actionaid-bd.org>
>  Subject: I need your help
>
> I have installed horde 2.0 with IMP 3.0 on RedHat Linux 7.0 with Apache
> 1.3.12 and Mysql. But whenever I browse the test page, it shows me the
> original configuration. I understand that the webserver can not interpret
> the file with PHP. But do you have any suggestion?

(1)  Are you installing Horde, IMP, Apache, and MySQL with RPMs or with
tarballs?  If you're using RPMs, you should consult the README file on the
horde.org FTP site; it has all the versions you should use.

	ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/rh7/horde-2.0-1.README

In particular, Apache 1.3.12 is old and has security flaws.  Red Hat has
released the apache-1.3.22-1.7.1 RPM for Red Hat 7.0 and you should use
that (or compile a newer version of Apache).

(2)  What version of PHP did you install (and with RPMs or compiled from
tarball)?  The Apache configuration file needs to be set up to interpret
PHP... you should see something like:

<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
    </IfModule>

and when you change or add those, you need to restart Apache.  The PHP
RPMs should do that for you.

(3)  If all else fails, use the /server-info link at your site to see
whether Apache is seeing PHP.  If PHP is the problem, you should probably
find another list to help you get PHP working, and then use this list for
Horde/IMP problems.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html