[horde] gettext problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jun 27 03:21:29 PDT 2002

Zitat von Anthony Stanton <anthony.stanton at es.easynet.net>:

> Here's the catch though: on the same page, even *in the same PHP file*,
> some of the gettext calls produce a translated message and some don't.
> The messages are in the catalog, I've double and triple checked that
> from
> the command line. To make matters worse, once in a while the messages
> *are* translated, with no obvious changes in the gettext function calls
> or indeed anything related to gettext.

There are some quirks with gettext and php depending on your os, php version
and gettext version.
I can give you two advices:
1. Restart your apache after compiling the .mo files.
2. Try upgrading gettext if that doesn't help. That will also require to
recompile php with the new gettext libraries.

Jan.