[horde] Newbie question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 1 22:37:35 PDT 2002

Quoting Damien Mc Kenna <damien at mc-kenna.com>:

> Here's a newbie question for you guys:
>
> Why should I use Horde?  If I'm developing an app, why invest the time
> into a) learning, b) using it?

That's a very vague question, and so unfortunately, for now, you get a
vague answer: if you find it useful.

Slightly better: there's API documentation at http://dev.horde.org/, and
some tutorial presentations at http://horde.org/papers/. If anything
mentioned there strikes you as useful, then you should use Horde. If you
want to be able to interoperate with any Horde apps - write something that
plugs into IMP, for example, or that can have task lists associated with it
that are managed by Nag, etc., then you want to use Horde because we make
that kind of application integration easy and fast.

Do you have any specific needs/areas of interest?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>