[horde] Fw: First login

Greg Robinson greg at ltcc.com
Mon Jul 8 12:10:35 PDT 2002

This helped me get my first login...

-----Original Message-----
From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org
[mailto:horde-bounces at lists.horde.org]On Behalf Of Tommy Jensen
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 11:43 AM
To: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: [horde] Fw: First login

Since I sent my original mail to this list I have received several mails
from users having the same problem so instead of answering each individually
I will answer to the list so other can benefit from this.

If anybody responsible for the horde applications read this could You please
add this to the FAQ list or write some better instructions because it is not
clear that following is what needs to be done.

After ensuring that the test.php page works do this.

In horde\config\registry.php un-comment these lines

/* auth: Handler for user authentication.
 *   Uncomment the auth/login/logout lines if you want to let either
 *   IMP or Gollem handle the authentication for Horde. This avoids the
 *   "double login" while accessing IMP.
 */
$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

In \horde\imp\config\servers.php edit the list so it only contains 1 entry
for the mail server You want to connect to like this example

// Any entries whose key value ('foo' in $servers['foo']) begin with
// '_' (an underscore character) will be treated as prompts, and you
// won't be able to log in to them. The only property these entries
// need is 'name'. This lets you put labels in the list, like this
// example:
$servers['_prompt'] = array(
    'name' => 'Choose a mail server:'
);

// $servers['imap'] = array(
//     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
//     'server' => 'imap.example.com',
//     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
//     'port' => 143,
//     'folders' => 'mail/',
//     'namespace' => '',
//     'maildomain' => 'example.com',
//     'smtphost' => 'smtp.example.com',
//     'realm' => 'example.com',
//     'preferred' => ''
// );

$servers['pop'] = array(
    'name' => 'POP3 Server',
    'server' => 'mailserver.com',
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'mailserver.com',
    'realm' => 'mailserver.com',
    'preferred' => ''
);

Once this is done bring up the login page

/horde/imp/index.php

Now what was NOT mentioned in the documentation is that in this login You
enter the userid and password from the MAIL-server. Exactly if You had
configured Outlook or another email client to connect to the mailserver.

I hope this helps the people that have problems with the first login.

Best Regards
Tommy Jensen