[horde] SQL Login Question...

John Vilaikeo vilaikeo at computerhistory.org
Tue Jul 23 19:02:27 PDT 2002

Hi,

I've looked through most of the documentation and tried things that have
been posted. I was unable to complete the task so I joined the mailing
list for further assistance.
I am using SQL authentication and Kronolith. As of now I am having
problems only with the framework.
The platform being used is
RedHat 7.2
Apache 1.3.26
PHP 4.2.2
And the latest version of MySQL

My question is also about logging in. I do not know how to md5 my MySQL
password from command line. If anyone does know I would greatly
appreciate it.
I am also stuck at the login screen. I assume once I md5 the password I
will be able to login. I've been reading about where to place the
auth/admin but would like to clarify the
actual location of where to put the admins. I also modified the
/horde/config/horde.php file to below. I don't receive the error about
/Auth/lib/sql.php line 87, but when I check the logs I receive Login
FAILED, once again I assume that this is because of the md5.

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';

// An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
// function correctly.
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['params']['username'] = '******';
$conf['auth']['params']['password'] = '******';
$conf['auth']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

// This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
// The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
// horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
 $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = '******';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*******';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
 $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

If there's anyone out there that actually has a working version could
you please respond. This has been a rather frustrating ordeal and I
still have no clue why it is not working correctly. Thanks in advance.

J.