[horde] SQL Login Question...

mike at graftonhall.co.nz mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Tue Jul 23 20:25:16 PDT 2002

Quoting John Vilaikeo <vilaikeo at computerhistory.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked through most of the documentation and tried things that have
> been posted. I was unable to complete the task so I joined the mailing
> list for further assistance.
> I am using SQL authentication and Kronolith. As of now I am having
> problems only with the framework.
> The platform being used is
> RedHat 7.2
> Apache 1.3.26
> PHP 4.2.2
> And the latest version of MySQL
>
> My question is also about logging in. I do not know how to md5 my MySQL
> password from command line. If anyone does know I would greatly
> appreciate it.

in the horde_users table create and entry that contains the login name and the
md5'd password for the user you have defined as admin. to md5 the password
create a simple php file that contains something like
<?php
 echo md5('myPassword')
?>
run this through the php interpreter either on the command
line /path/to/php/php phpfile.php
or put it on your webserver and view it and it will output the md5'd password.

good luck

- Mike :-)