[horde] user administration through horde

Ryan C. Creasey ryan-horde at p11.com
Thu Jul 25 11:41:07 PDT 2002

I can't seem to figure out how to get a user with admin privileges to access
the /admin module.  It seems that I'm doing what needs to be done:

I've got imp handling the user auth, with these settings in
/horde/config/conf.php:
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('ryan');

However, when I login as user 'ryan', it doesn't show any sort of admin
links in the horde login screen, nor does it authenticate when (after
logging in as user 'ryan') I directly try to access /admin.  All I get is
this showing up in the horde.log:

Jul 25 11:33:42 HORDE [emergency] [horde] Forbidden. [on line 20 of
"/usr/home/httpd/horde/admin/index.php"]

Everything else seems to work fine, however... User prefs are being written
to the mysql db just fine and normal imp usuage doesn't seem affected.  I'm
running the HEAD versions of Horde and Imp. (more info at
http://khyron.p11.com/horde/test.php)

Any Ideas?

Ryan C. Creasey
Network Engineer