[horde] About horder

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Aug 3 12:59:58 PDT 2002

Quoting Kelly Quintero <kelly at ubiquando.com.co>:

 | This is my case:  Our company pretend to bring this
 | services to one company but they work with 2 more
 | companies and they want different interfaces for each
 | one I want to use the same mail server and  I want
 | different interfaces for each company how can I make
 | horder works en the same machine with 3 differents
 | interfaces I tried to do this but i want to use
 | different databases for each company.

I am assuming that by interfaces you mean themes or sometimes called skins.
I simply add a case in horde/config/prefs.php something like:

$vdomain = strtolower(preg_replace('|^mail\.|i', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']));
switch ( $vdomain ) {
        case "domain1.com" :
                $default_theme='barbie';
                $default_lock=true;
                break;
        case "domain2.com" :
                $default_theme='green';
                $default_lock=true;
                break;
        case "domain3.com" :
                $default_theme='cherry';
                $default_lock=true;
                break;
        case "domain4.com" :
                $default_theme='gray';
                $default_lock=true;
                break;
        default:
                $default_theme='mozilla';
                $default_lock=false;
        }
$_prefs['theme'] = array(
    'value' => $default_theme,

I have the same in horde/imp/prefs.php although I'm not sure that I still need
it and I don't remember why I had to add it initially.

On the issue of three different databases, I'm not sure what if any benefits
that would bring.  I would be interested in your reasons.

provecho,

ed