[horde] hooks in head

Tim Gorter email at teletechnics.com
Mon Aug 12 06:43:38 PDT 2002

How are the hooks applied in the HEAD version?

I tried to follow the note..

 * NOTE 1: Having a hook function in this file does NOT mean that the
 * hook will automatically be used. YOU MUST enable the hook, either
 * in the preference (by setting 'hook' => true in that preferences
 * attributes), or by setting the appropriate
 * $conf['hooks']['hookname'] configuration setting to true.
 *

I presume the above $conf setting would go in imp/config/conf.php (I did
try horde/config/conf.php for the sake of it)
and tried various, yet none seem to take any effect.

$conf['hooks']['from'] = true;
$conf['hooks']['from_addr'] = true;
$conf['hooks']['from'] = '_prefs_hook_from_addr';

and in my horde/config/hooks.php I have

if (!function_exists('_prefs_hook_from_addr')) {
    function _prefs_hook_from_addr()
    {

The actual hook code I know (at least knew) to be working in the RELENG
versions.

Could someone please confirm that in HEAD
all hooks go in the hooks.php of horde
and the call to 'activate' them is in the conf.php of the module (ie. IMP)
and if it should be one of the above (I would have believed the middle one)

also above (in the note) it mentioned that 'hook' => true in preferences, I
tried that in imp/config/prefs.php but it also made no difference.

thanks,
tim.