[horde] Post-install config issues on W2k

Björn Elfström bjorn at solution42.fi
Wed Aug 14 04:33:15 PDT 2002

Hello,

I recently came across the Horde project and thought it was an admirable
effort, and it sounded like just the sort of thing I've been looking for for
my own development ideas. Hence I decided to get it up and running on my
home dev machine running W2k, apache, php and MySQL.

I have managed to get Horde's test.php not to scream about anything else
than lack of 'mcal' and 'mcrypt' modules (any help appreciated here for
finding win32 dll's for these...). I'm also fairly confident that I've setup
MySQL properly. Below I have listed some problems I can observe, but since I
don't know how the app should look like and behave I'm at a loss regarding
solutions.

1) When reaching for the '/horde-2.1/index.php' I get a 'The page cannot be
found' error, on which I can see that there's at least a separate footer
included. This started happening after I renamed the '/horde-2.1/config/' by
taking away the '.dist' suffixes. Before the renaming Horde showed me a
nicely formatted page listing the missing config files.

2) When reaching for the login page it shows up with proper localisation,
but when entering Horde's super user name and password (the basic db user
and password) I get a Horde error page saying that there was an error
regarding 'phptype' definition in '/horde-2.1/Lib/Auth/sql.php' on line 89.

I've gone through both the install and config docs supplied and the online
FAQ, but haven't found anything pertaining to these problem symptoms.

Any and all help would be immensely appreciated.

TIA,

Björn Elfström