[horde] Post-install config issues on W2k

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Wed Aug 14 04:56:58 PDT 2002

Quoting Björn Elfström <bjorn at solution42.fi>:

> Hello,
>
> I recently came across the Horde project and thought it was an admirable
> effort, and it sounded like just the sort of thing I've been looking for for
> my own development ideas. Hence I decided to get it up and running on my
> home dev machine running W2k, apache, php and MySQL.
Just a personal experience, but php as a apache module always gives me problems
under win2k so i use the cgi (originally installed from the latest distibution
then overwritten with the latest stable snapshot)

> I have managed to get Horde's test.php not to scream about anything else
> than lack of 'mcal' and 'mcrypt' modules (any help appreciated here for
I haven't seen either of these yet... i don't think either of them have been
sucessfully compiled officially... you can get away without either of these.

> finding win32 dll's for these...). I'm also fairly confident that I've setup
> MySQL properly. Below I have listed some problems I can observe, but since I
> don't know how the app should look like and behave I'm at a loss regarding
> solutions.
have you tried with the mysql admin type programs that came with mysql to make
sure it is running?

> 1) When reaching for the '/horde-2.1/index.php' I get a 'The page cannot be
> found' error, on which I can see that there's at least a separate footer
> included. This started happening after I renamed the '/horde-2.1/config/' by
> taking away the '.dist' suffixes. Before the renaming Horde showed me a
> nicely formatted page listing the missing config files.
>
> 2) When reaching for the login page it shows up with proper localisation,
> but when entering Horde's super user name and password (the basic db user
> and password) I get a Horde error page saying that there was an error
> regarding 'phptype' definition in '/horde-2.1/Lib/Auth/sql.php' on line 89.
did you set phptype to mysql in the authentication part of the horde config
file.... and have you added a user into the auth database? the database login
and password are not a valid login.

- Mike :-)