[horde] Post-install config issues on W2k

Björn Elfström bjorn at solution42.fi
Wed Aug 14 06:54:46 PDT 2002

Mike,

Thank you very much for your input, this helped me a bit further. There are,
however, some issues still.
Quoting Mike Cochrane:

> Just a personal experience, but php as a apache module always gives me
problems
> under win2k so i use the cgi (originally installed from the latest
distribution
> then overwritten with the latest stable snapshot)

Yes, my php runs as a CGI.

<snip>

> have you tried with the mysql admin type programs that came with mysql to
make
> sure it is running?

I use MySQL-Front for managing the db, and it's working OK.

> did you set phptype to mysql in the authentication part of the horde
config
> file....

Regarding setting the 'phptype' to MySQL I was a bit confused, but I think I
got it now. What I now changed was copying the SQL example array regarding
'prefs' to be identical for 'auth'. MySQL is not, however, listed as an
option, so I added 'sql' to the line:

      $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';

The line about authorization parameters I didn't know what to do with, so I
commented it out:

//    $conf['auth']['params'] = array();

after which follows:

      $conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
      $conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
      $conf['auth']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
      $conf['auth']['params']['password'] = '****';
      $conf['auth']['params']['database'] = '****';
      $conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_user';

In the 'Preferences System Settings' I  then activated the MySQL params
lines given as an example so that it reads like:

      $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

and again commented out:

//    $conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

and then

      $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
      $conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
      $conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
      $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '****';
      $conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = '****';
      $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

> and have you added a user into the auth database? the database login
> and password are not a valid login.

 OK, I had not inserted a real user yet, but now it's done. The result after
these moves is that:

1)  /horde-2.1/index.php still shows 'Page cannot be found' (I don't even
know what *should* happen / be visible when running this page?)

It seems that the app can't find the included or refrenced pages in
'index.php'. Therefore, could it be that the folder name and structure
/horde/horde-2.1/index.php causes problems? I tried changing the folder name
to only 'horde', but that didn't help. Since this wasn't a problem as long
as the config files weren't renamed, it seems that there's something in
those that I need to change, but so far I haven't found it.

2) when typing the newly created user into the login form the error message
has gone away (hooray!), but nothing else happens. the page reloads and
leaves the user name visible, but no other indications of what is going on.
is this normal? I mean, I haven't even looked at IMP yet, so I don't know
what logging into Horde should perform :).

Any further hints would be welcome.

Appreciatively yours,

Björn Elfström