[horde] CVS Observations

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Aug 19 21:21:27 PDT 2002

Quoting Fred Wunderlich <fwunder at pwr.com>:

>    Problem: Administration:Configuration breaks with:
>
>    "You need the domxml PHP extension to use the configuration tool...."
>
>    Comments: No Biggee. This is too new to even comment.

This isn't a problem; it's a pretty clear error message.

>    Problem: Identity fields are not displayed. That is to say, the text
>    boxes are not populated by the javascript.
>
>    Comments: Javascript problem. Works fine in release version
>    with above client and in Mozilla with HEAD version.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

>    Comment: Perhaps this option could be toggled completely?? Extending
>    this, perhaps a user/power-user options page could be displayed?

Patches/full-fledged suggestions for this would be great.

>    Problem: Sent mail with Time Zone set to New York, arrives with
>    time set -4 hours. We're in Miami. Time zone set to default is
>    fine. Same behaviour in release. Could be I'm missing a config
>    setting. Server, mailserver,  and client time settings are correct.

Sounds like your box isn't set to GMT.

>    Problem: See Fetch Mail

And the problem with this being complex is ... ? It's an advanced feature,
and you can turn it completely off by locking a single preference.

>    Comment: Absolutely love it! Would like to see client
>    options to modify or add custom fields, i.e., sales-leads,
>    problem clients, etc. This could then easily be tied into
>    sales call reports, etc.

Could be complicated. Patches?

>    Comment: Not picking on kronolith, but it seems to be the one
>    application with the least compatibility with above client.

K... more specific info (or a mac, see below) needed to test this.

>    New Event:
>
>    Problem: Error codes as follow...
>
>    Notice: Undefined property: majorVersion in
> /export/spare/home/http/
> sites/home/web/horde/kronolith/templates/edit/edit.inc on line 99

Already fixed.

>    Problem: Options include Time Zone and Language.
>
>    Comment:  Should those be set in Horde:Options? In fact, why is
> Language an option in all the different modules??

Because we haven't quite worked out the UI for shared preferences yet.
Someone said they were working on a tabbed-ui for switching between prefs
for all available apps....

>    Comment: Would like to see start date. Would like to see an alarm
> system...

Patches?

>    yeah, I know that goes with kronotlith. Would love to see integration
> with our PhpCollab system (we all gott dream).

Never heard of it. Are they actively developed? Interested in integration
themselves? Patches?

> All in all, the entire Horde Framework is a remarkable achievement and my
> hat is off to all that have contributed!!

Thanks. In turn, take the "Patches?" responses as shorthand for "sounds
interesting, don't have time, hope someone looks at it - maybe that someone
is you, maybe not".

> BTW, the client configuration I listed at the top of this report is very
> standard in the publishing industry from which I come. Macs are the
> standard and (unfortunately) IE is the standard browser.

I'd love to have a Mac to test this on. Unfortunately, I don't. If someone
wanted to help out with that, I certainly wouldn't object. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>