[horde] CVS Observations

Fred Wunderlich fwunder@pwr.com
Mon Aug 19 02:33:02 PDT 2002

My apologies in advance for sending this observation report to the horde list.
It just seemed the most appropriate place to "shotgun" my observations. Please
correct me if I screwed up. ;)

Client:

Explorer Version: 5.2.1 (4717)
Encryption: 128 Bit
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.21; Mac_PowerPC)
System Version: System 10.1.5

Server:

Sun Netra X1 - SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2
Apache 1.3.24
MySQL 3.23.45
PHP 4.2.2
Horde CVS HEAD
IMP CVS HEAD
Turba CVS HEAD
Nag CVS HEAD
Kronolith CVS HEAD

CVS updated 08/18/2002 15:00:00 EDT

Observations:

Horde:

   Problem: Administration:Configuration breaks with:

   "You need the domxml PHP extension to use the configuration tool...."

   Comments: No Biggee. This is too new to even comment.

IMP:

   Problem: Identity fields are not displayed. That is to say, the text
   boxes are not populated by the javascript.

   Comments: Javascript problem. Works fine in release version
   with above client and in Mozilla with HEAD version.

   Problem: Confusing to non-power users.

   Comment: Perhaps this option could be toggled completely?? Extending
   this, perhaps a user/power-user options page could be displayed?

   Problem: Sent mail with Time Zone set to New York, arrives with
   time set -4 hours. We're in Miami. Time zone set to default is
   fine. Same behaviour in release. Could be I'm missing a config
   setting. Server, mailserver,  and client time settings are correct.

   Problem: See Fetch Mail

Turba:

   Comment: Absolutely love it! Would like to see client
   options to modify or add custom fields, i.e., sales-leads,
   problem clients, etc. This could then easily be tied into
   sales call reports, etc.

Kronlith:

   MainMenu:Menu ("Calendar") Link:

   Problem: Breaks above client. Sorry, not a lot of info cuz there seems
   little rhyme or reason. IE just doesn't like the javascript. Sometimes it
   works, sometimes it just does nothing (without locking browser). Also, it
   seemes IE has a problem with /horde/javascript.php in many parts of
   kronolith.

   Comment: Not picking on kronolith, but it seems to be the one
   application with the least compatibility with above client.

   Goto:

   Problem: Locks browser, requiring force restart. This is a critical problem
   that needs to be resolved!

   New Event:

   Problem: Error codes as follow...

   Notice: Undefined property: majorVersion in    /export/spare/home/http/
sites/home/web/horde/kronolith/templates/edit/edit.inc on line 99

   Notice: Undefined property: majorVersion in /export/spare/home/http/sites/
home/web/horde/kronolith/templates/edit/edit.inc on line 145

   Problem: Options include Time Zone and Language.

   Comment:  Should those be set in Horde:Options? In fact, why is Language an
   option in all the different modules??

Nag:

   Problem: None, really.

   Comment: Would like to see start date. Would like to see an alarm system...
   yeah, I know that goes with kronotlith. Would love to see integration with
   our PhpCollab system (we all gott dream).

That's it...sofar. I haven't had enough time to really go through everything
and I hope I'm not insulting anyone. Just being a casual observer bringing up
stuff I know I'm gonna be hit with on Monday from my alpha-beta-users.

All in all, the entire Horde Framework is a remarkable achievement and my hat
is off to all that have contributed!!

Y'all are a lot younger (we used to keypunch this stuff) and smarter (not
wiser, though ;)) than me and I hope my comments help...in just a small way.

BTW, the client configuration I listed at the top of this report is very
standard in the publishing industry from which I come. Macs are the standard
and (unfortunately) IE is the standard browser.

Thank you for your time. I will now sit back and listen and learn.

Fred Wunderlich
Power mages