[horde] Field Validation Automation

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Aug 22 07:19:43 PDT 2002

Quoting Mario Andres Yepes Cifuentes <marioy at logos.upb.edu.co>:

> 1 - Is there a way to automate the validation for the
> fields in a form ?. I  really dont want to write these kind of functions
> for every app that I make.

Yes, FormSprocket. See http://dev.horde.org/; there are examples of its use
in Whups and Hermes.

> 2 - Is there any javascript code in the framework that
> is reusable and can I use it to validate fields?.

No, but you really don't want to rely on javascript validation anyways;
FormSprocket provides server-side validation.

> 3 - Whats the word about using Html_QuickForm from PEAR,
> is it encouraged or discouraged?

I'd take a look at FormSprocket, but Bertrand (quickform's author) has
already crucified me for not using his precious code; use it if you want.

> 4 - Is there any documentation about the use of Acces
> Control Lists and can the lists be on a database?

Yes; the Perms:: API provides what you want, and the backend is a SQL db.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>