[horde] Field Validation Automation

Mario Andres Yepes Cifuentes marioy at logos.upb.edu.co
Thu Aug 22 05:51:55 PDT 2002

Greetings.

Currently i'm traying to write a simple app to manage account  information
for the users in our intranet saving the data in a DB. and I  am using the
Horde  framework API. But there is a couple of questions that I  have
mostly about  form validation.

1 - Is there a way to automate the validation for the
fields in a form ?. I  really dont want to write these kind of functions
for every app that I make.

2 - Is there any javascript code in the framework that
is reusable and can I use it to validate fields?.

3 - Whats the word about using Html_QuickForm from PEAR,
is it encouraged or discouraged?

4 - Is there any documentation about the use of Acces
Control Lists and can the lists be on a database?

Sorry for bothering

Regards
Mario