[horde] odd behavior: more in the Log.php

Dean Guenther guenther at wsu.edu
Thu Aug 29 15:19:47 PDT 2002

I looked in the horde archives and read notes on how folks
were having trouble getting Log.php to be included with
PEAR. I too had that problem.

        Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion

Actually, out of the box I still have this problem.
But making a mod in Horde.php makes
it work (which probably isn't a good idea on my part).
Let me explain. First, I have this installed:

Tru64 5.1a
apache 2.0.36
php    4.2.2
PEAR   4.1
imp    3.1
horde  2.1
turba  1.1

then I also added by hand:

Log        1.2
Net_Socket 1.0.1
Mail_Mime  1.2.1

The last 2 were suggested by the FAQ.
So, with the above installed, I still get the failed open
error. However, if I go into Horde.php and change the line:

       include_once 'Log.php';

to be

       @include_once 'Log.php';

Then it works. Why is that?? And is it really working or am
I going to have other problems. Certainly its better that I
don't change the distributed Horde.php, but that does make
it work. But maybe it doesn't work, because I still get the
error

      Undefined class name 'log'

even after it supposedly included Log.php.

I did go through the PEAR install docs, and the online
guides, and checked through the old horde mailing list
archives looking for hits on "Log.php".

What else have I omitted?

Dean Guenther                   Internet: guenther at wsu.edu
Washington State University     AT&T:     509 335-0433
Pullman, WA. 99164-1222         fax:      509 335-0540
www & UNIX System Admin