[horde] composite driver

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 3 09:56:45 PDT 2002

Quoting Ilya <mail at krel.org>:

> in composite.sql you have:
>  function _authenticate($userID, $credentials)
> which has an if statement:
> ------------------------
> if (($auth_driver = Auth::_getDriverByParam('loginscreen_switch',
> $this->_params)) && $this->_loadDriver($auth_driver))
> ------------------------
>
> so _getDriverByParam is called, which does following:
> ------------------------------
> function _getDriverByParam($name, $params, $driverparams = array())
>     {
>         if (array_key_exists($name, $params) &&  <<<<<< check if
> loginscreen_switch exists, it does.
>             function_exists($params[$name])) { <<<< checks if function
> exists,
> -----------------------
> it does NOT, because it will only receive info about driver name in the

Huh? It's just checking to see if that function exists... if it doesn't, you
haven't configured things correctly.

Btw, why are you returning cyrsql from the login screen selector? Isn't the
whole point that you want IMP to handle the logins and just use the other
driver for admin? Don't take my example as something that should work for
you; it's just the test config I have on my laptop.

> why use loginscreen_switch function at all? it will be easier to use
> admin_driver paramenter from @params, it is available it the point
> _getDriverByParam is called

... because that's the _entire_ point of the composite driver? Which you'd
be giving up, in exchange for a lot of confusion and overhead?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>