[horde] Changing Authentication Methods

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Tue Sep 3 22:34:15 PDT 2002

I was looking through the requirements for the next batch of users that will be
added into the Mechanus.org infrastructure, and I was wondering what would the
impact be if I move the authentication method from imap to sql at this point. I
have a set of users that are authenticating against the imap (since they
are 'full access' users - SSH, FTP, apache accounts along with their mail
accounts), would they be affected in any way or do I have to recreate them
within the sql database? Is there a way to tie the sql-added users to
authenticate against the PAM module for SSH and FTP access?

Just trying to plan ahead. I know that the authentication methods are
different, but would the new users have a /home/~user also and would I have a
double management (managing user1 from Horde and from the command line)?

Cheers,

Rodolfo