[horde] Changing Authentication Methods (slightly OT)

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Wed Sep 4 12:15:14 PDT 2002

> ----- Message from chuck at horde.org ---------
>     Date: Wed,  4 Sep 2002 14:56:28 -0400
>     From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>
>  Subject: Re: [horde] Changing Authentication Methods
>       To: horde at lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur at mechanus.org>:
>

> That last bit is outside the scope of Horde, but probably. However, if you
> switch auth methods, yes, you'll need to port your old users to the new
> method; otherwise they will not be able to log in.
>
> If you just create them in Horde, no; they'd only exist in Horde.

Understood (and was what I suspected), so the 64 dollar question is: will the
old users still have access to their original mbox and mail/ files? Checking
out the sql code, the users created in the database would have a uid and a
password separate from the PAM module... so where would their mbox files be
kept or how would sendmail know where to keep the spool files?

Cheers,

Rodolfo